Monday, January 7, 2008

S554 First Blog Posting

Hello-

I created this blog last spring for my 401 class so I deleted the other posts and made a 554 blog now. Although the blog for 401 was only 3 posts and just a week's worth of lessons I learned alot from it. I did not realize how many blogs were out there about libraries and librarians. I know a lot of people have personal blogs (I have had one for a few years, but hardly update it now), many of my friends have personal ones which is really nice because a lot of them live far away and I don't get to talk to them as much, but I can always check their blog. Anyway, I learned in 401 about many different library blogs and the book confirmed that. Chapter three shows many library blogs to look at.

I think this class will be very useful for me because although I have had an account on blogger for some time. I don't really think I am that technological savvy. Although I have a fancy blogger background, I just copied it from the internet (so if anyone does not like the blogger backgrounds just google 'blogger backgrounds' and you should be able to add a new one). There is no way I could do HTML tags. I don't really know about RSS and wiki's, so I'm looking forward to learning about them.

I have only taken one class using VIC and I didn’t have a problem with it. I have taken many classes strictly online and enjoy those because you get to work at your own pace and work ahead. I did have some problems with Oncourse last semester, it seemed to only let me on when it wanted to so I hope it is better this semester.

After reading the book, I was extremely curious about what the author wrote on page 6 about people 'Google Bombing.' I had to look up the two phrases to see what search results I got. Typing 'miserable failure' just came up with news results talking about the incident.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Amy! I'm glad you posted a tip for finding cooler blog layouts. I will definitely look around for something better than what I have now.

I remember hearing about the "miserable failure" hack a few years ago, when it still worked. I thought it was pretty funny.

January 9, 2008 at 7:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home