Thursday, February 14, 2008

Blog # 5

Let me start off by saying I'm really sick so this blog may make no sense :(

On Monday the network at the library I work at was completely wiped out. No one could print, get on the internet (unless they were already on it for some reason) for a pretty long time. Needless to say chaos happened. Students had papers due and couldn't print them and well they couldn't look up their myspace pages either. It was down on the whole campus not just the library. Students look at you like it's your fault that it's down. It came back up and it was like nothing happened. Our tech person had to sign a few papers for professor's explaining the printers were down so that is why the student could not turn in there paper on time. Craziness. Last semester we lost our catalog for a few hours which was a super pain, but at least we could look up books and items on Worldcat.

Onto the wiki. I was a little overwhelmed last week. I am more worried than anything that I have no clue how to make a wiki from scratch. I'm sure once I start making it I will feel better. It just seems like A LOT to do and with only two people in the group makes me worry. One of my worries was not being able to please the client. It should all work out I just need to stop worrying.

Oh and

YYYHAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!YYY

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

The printer connected to the student research computers has been down since late last Thursday, and it has created a lot of challenges here. We have had to stop on a lot of researching, or direct students to email results to themselves, or just direct them away from the library to a computer lab. I never realized how connected we were to one piece of technology until it was gone!

February 18, 2008 at 4:41 PM

 
Blogger Mary Alice Ball said...

It's easy to forget how dependent I am on technology until it stops working. Then my life comes to a screeching halt until I remember that I have other options...

February 25, 2008 at 11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home