Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blog posting #6

After spending a lot of last week worrying about the wiki I am feeling better this week. I created a very simple sample wiki just to see how it works. I played around with the navigation and adding photos. It seems somewhat easy and pretty self explanatory. Although I guess Steve had problem with the way the navigation looked on the wiki. I’m not sure how crazy you can get using Wikispaces, plus I don’t really have too much HTML coding knowledge so I don’t know if that can be fixed.

Marcella and I found some really neat things to add from other wikis. We like a feature from bubble share that uses a photo slideshow. I played around with that website a little tonight and it looks really neat. I like the special features you can add around the pictures (although they seem cutesy and would not fit into our wiki at all). I even saw the FFA photos that were uploaded on the community page.

On wikispaces I checked out the widgets that could be added, but I could not figure out how to really add anything. They all lead to outside sites so I don't know if I have to set something up on that site first. I tried placing a calendar in just to see if it would work but it didn't. That is something I will have to look into and play around to see what I have to do to make them work. I have not heard of any the websites (Odeo, Bitty, Scribd-are they really words??). It would be good to look at the websites and see what they do so maybe I could use them in the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Alice Ball said...

Did you check out the FAQs on the Mooresville PL wiki? There is a lot of good information there including a video done by a student in last semester's class on adding a widget.

February 27, 2008 at 5:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home