Thursday, March 20, 2008

Post #9 Office 2007

Last week at work Office 2007 was installed, before then only the student computers had it on them, the faculty and staff computers were still on 2003 (why who knows, but our excuse of 'well we don't have it on our computers' won't work anymore). Anyway I was worried something would go terribly wrong with the files transferring over. However everything went fairly smoothly, I had a few strange messages come up but nothing that wasn't fixable. I'm the type of person who if it was my computer I would just click buttons to the point where either I figure out what is happening or my computer goes up in smoke, but since it was not my computer I had to call our tech person a few times. The biggest problem, that wasn't even a problem just an annoyance was our Interlibrary Loan access file resorted itself. Instead of being in number order it was arranged alphabetically. However, a grad student came in a fixed it two seconds on monday so all was well.

So last week I spent some time playing around with the new formats of the programs. I have to say I hate word, I don't know if it because I can't find anything but to me the new task bars are annoying. I can't find simple tasks and you can't have multiple taskbars up at the same time. But the thing that is annoying me the most if you have to click like four times to print something, before all I had to click was the printer button in the taskbar but now you have to click the rainbow thing icon, click print, click some other things then finally click ok. I think I'm just impatient. I do love the new powerpoint, you can do so much to pictures, I wish I had a reason to do a presentation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Denham said...

I am no big fan of Office 2007 either. I dread when work moves over to it...I know my co-workers will be going nuts trying to figure out how to do stuff. Why can't Microsoft just leave well enough alone?

March 21, 2008 at 7:47 AM

 
Blogger Eric said...

We had Office 2007 installed on several of our computers last fall. It has been a challenge adjusting to the changes, especially since the layout is so different from the past few generations of Office programs. I found myself in the same situation as yourself last fall, but overtime have really learned to like the new setup. If nothing else I am sure you will get adjusted in time.

March 24, 2008 at 6:15 PM

 
Blogger Mary Alice Ball said...

I've finally adjusted to Office 2007 and Vista but reserve the right to complain about both. The new file structure is the biggest nuisance. Last semester it, among other things, messed up my podcasting because it saved files in another folder than I was used to. I finally figured out that I had two iTunes libraries. :-(

March 25, 2008 at 2:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home