Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blog #10 Google Earth and VIC from Indy

I seem to always be behind the technology-I just got dsl internet a few months ago and last week I finally downloaded Google Earth. I was trying to find a way to put a map on the wiki and somehow I think I found a map that showed the terrain of IUN and thought it was really neat. So after that I downloaded Google Earth and spent the next 2 hours typing in different places and had my whole family doing it also. We of course found my house and tried to figure out when the picture was taken and what car was in the driveway (we have a tree that partial blocked it). I looked at my boyfriend's grandma's house because we going to stay there this week. I tried finding Bono's house in Ireland, by looking for the biggest one of course and saw my friend's house in Oregon. It was really fun.

This week I traveled to Indy to visit IUPUI. I have never been there before and haven't been to Indy since 6th grade. While there I attended my 501 class and got to see the other side of VIC. I'm still not sure what I like better. I felt weird in the classroom and kept wanting to look at the tv even when my professor was talking since I was so used to doing in Gary.

Our wiki is coming along. I spent the day adding some more information. I have added some widgets and really like them. The website (http://www.widgetbox.com/) has some really cool widgets that would like to add but I don't think Steve would want a Tetris or Simpson maker widget on the wiki.

2 Comments:

Blogger joel boehner said...

i've found myself doing the same thing with google maps which i must admit is the same thing i've done with just plain google and google images. people are so predictable.

April 2, 2008 at 11:31 AM

 
Blogger Mary Alice Ball said...

I spent a lot of time goofing around with Google maps when it first came out. I heard that one of the IUPUI reference librarians saw himself sitting in his backyard when he called up his house. Funny!!

April 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home